"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, March 11, 2016

Downtown Arroyo Grande

Arroyo Grande's main street is East Branch Street...

where there are many old buildings housing mom and pop businesses, eateries, and cute shops...

many of which had windows decorated for their upcoming Strawberry Festival. I loved seeing all of the different designs...



The Western theme is evident in their bike racks...

More strawberry festival paintings...This one was cool. It was for a sausage shop!



This was one of the pretttiest "Closed" signs I'd ever seen:

Beautiful details on this buildings top facade:


Such a neat business district.  I wish we could have explored it more but we were getting tired and wanted to get to our hotel to rest.

Apparently, this place has been here FOREVER.

TC's tennis coach is from here and had a different POV about Arroyo Grande. Although she appreciated where she grew up, she wanted to leave the small town atmosphere and leave for college.

More info about this charming town:
www.arroyogrande.org

This post is actually out of order; I wanted the last Arroyo Grande post to be at Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab...where I have to wrack my brain to even remember what flavor ice cream we had, ha ha. That post is next.

No comments: