"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Renaud's Patisserie

It was quite a warm and lovely day in Santa Barbara...

Fresh from obtaning a boxful of treats from Spudnuts and Bagels, we headed over to State Street for lunch...

Bert chose our lunch spot, which was nice since it took the pressure off me for choosing everything. It was good to not have to think about where to go.

The font on their street signs had a "Moorish" flair, much like the font on the signs in San Luis Obispo had a Spanish colonial feel to them.

Bert's choice was Renaud's Patisserie; he saw that it was a French bistro and that they also had macarons (which I was still obsessed with) too.

Bert and I shared a beef sandwich while TC was happy with their mini cheese raviolis.

They had such a beautiful selection of French pastries...I wanted one of each but of course, no.



It was a nice day out so we had lunch on their patio.

Bert's macchiato and my iced coffee.


Our lunch portions were not huge, but just right for a light meal. I still remember how delicious this beef sandwich with the flavors of shallots and garlic melded perfectly with the melted gruyere cheese on the toasted bread.


These mini raviois were so cute; TC really enjoyed this. Both of our dishes came with a lightly dressed salad...

This macaron looks like it could be chocolate, but it was raspberry. This was one of the most intensely flavored macarons I've ever had the pleasure of tasting


Renaud's is in this plaza...

They also sold their macs in these nifty boxes which cradled each mac carefully. One box was for me; the other for Kirbie. I don't remember if the flavors were predetermined or if I chose them but I do remember that Kirbie liked these very much.

I bought these two packages of what they call "sable boats". Each boat was filled with the most delectable and buttery sable cookies. One was hazelnut flavored; the other pistachio.

I wish I could taste these once more!
Who else went to Renaud's?
MelissaGoodTaste, a Central Coast blogger tried their macarons as well!

Renaud's Patisserie
1324 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA
(805) 892-2800

www.renaudsbakery.com + reviews from you know where and tripadvisor

Along the very same street was a grand theatre which still looks quite beautiful to this day. We ventured over to take a peek...

No comments: