[Update - Closed as of last year. :( ]
Earlier this year, I met with with a few educator friends for a planning conference...

which was held at a Filipino eatery on the edge of Barrio Logan.
I was lucky to get the very last parking spot in this small parking lot. Street parking was all taken plus it was metered which sucked.

I was able to meet up with a colleage I hadn't seen in years, along with his co-workers, who are young and still gung ho about their profession. Young teachers. Awww. Anyhow, my friend is an an administrator; we used to work together years ago and he was one of the more well liked and effective teachers at our school.
Dinner was on our own but he had the eater provide both vegetarian (sweet potato!) and Shanghai (meat) lumpia as appetizers for us, which was a nice touch.

My dinner combo that night was pancit, lumpia (this was before I knew we were getting some for free) and tapa. Unfortunately, the tapa was on the harder side and there wasn't as much fat on it.

Of course, my mom's pancit (and mine) is much better, but I was really craving it that evening.

Who else went to Filipino Food & Bakery?
Cathy of mmm-yoso went here Sept 2015 where she had lumpia, adobo, pancit and a Scotch egg made with longanisa! Now THAT, I have to try one day!
Previous visit to Filipino Food & Bakery:
January 2014
The folks working here are super nice. They had a good selection of all of Filipino food's greatest hits including a few foods guaranteed to make your non-adventurous white friends gag (dinuguan or "blood stew", adobong pusit or squid adobo; both dishes which I love). Their lumpias were nice and crisp and I was pleasantly surprised by the julienned sticks of sweet potato within the vegetarian lumpia.


No comments:
Post a Comment