"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Swiss Restaurant & Bar

After dropping off our luggage and personal  effects at our hotel, we headed out to dinner..

and since this was Santa Maria, land of tri-tip bbq, we headed to a local steakhouse...


known as The Swiss which is next to this lovely liquor store.

The Swiss has been around for 73 years yo'!

We snacked all day and ended up sharing two entrees and an appetizer.




The steakhouse was very red and full of wood walls everywhere. Very old school.



Our oak grilled artichoke.  We didn't grow up eating this and I suppose artichokes are an acquired taste with no graceful way to eat these. We were advised to pick off the leaves and strain them through our teefs. The leaves had a nice grilled flavor but I probably wouldn't order it again. The most edible thing was the artichoke heart which was easier and more pleasant to eat.

Clam chowder for TC and a Caesar salad...

Ravioli as well along with ribs and onion rings. This was when TC was still eating meat.

Yeah, we didn't get do the whole Santa Maria bbq experience  like we did at Shaw's Steakhouse Tavern in 2011. I'm not too much into pinquito beans and tri-tip (gasp). Santa Maria style bbq does not use sauce which I like. It's a different style and we weren't feeling it that night. Ribs and rings it was.

Service was very attentive; a young gal helped us out. The restaurant was busy when we got there but dwindled by the time we left. I noticed that many restaurants closed at 9 pm here.

Summer Road Trip 2014 Day 3 recap:
SLO Donut Company
Rocket Fizz,SLO
Kreuzberg Coffee
Bubblegum Alley
Orange Cat Cafe
Our lunch @ Dinosaur Cave Park
Margo Dodd Park & Shell Beach
Pismo Beach Pier & Farmer's Market
and this last post...

Just a few more days to finish up and I can cross off our Summer 2014 road trip off my list!

Next up, the beauty and sterility that is Avila Beach...

No comments: