
(from my "Andytown Coffee Roasters" post, November 2014)
using beans from Andytown Coffee Roasters in the Outer Sunset...
I have to say that our first attempt came out quite nicely.
After having tried a cult soda favorite, Manhattan Special Espresso Coffee soda a couple of weeks ago at Soda & Swine with Kirbie...we remarked that it would be fun and easy to make our own version. In fact, Kirbie already did so (her post linked at the end). This is my attempt.
This is so damn easy to make. You'll kick yourself silly and will refuse to pay $5 a cup for this concoction.


Lovely bubbles.

Coffee Soda
Ingredients:
1 shot of espresso (you can use any kind of coffee bean)
[you can also use cold brew concentrate or chilled brewed coffee]
ice cubes
sparkling water
2-3 tsp simple syrup (boil 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water until dissolved)
*I used turbinado sugar for the simple syrup
Pour the espresso over a glass half filled with ice cubes. Next pour the sparkling water and add simple syrup to taste. That's it. Drink up. Chug. Savor. Whatever makes you happy.
For awesome photos of coffee soda, please check out Kirbie's recent post and how-to.
If you insist on paying $5 for this super easy to make drink, you can find it at James Coffee in Little Italy ("Return to James Coffee") or you can make yer own.


5 comments:
Fizzy coffee! Imagine that. I don't know if I'd like fizzy coffee... It looks very pretty though with the bubbles. Nice job!
Try it next time! I think you would like it. Thanks for your kind words. Bert made another glass for himself the other day. I had to refrain since it was a weekday. I can't handle coffee unless it's Friday (no work the next day) or a Saturday. Unless we're on vacation and on a roadtrip, then I'll have it everyday, haha.
We have a Soda Stream and only use it to make sparkling water...I can try this too. Sounds nice on these humid days. I noticed Lipton is selling sparkling tea n cans, but never thought about how to make it and now I know how.
Ooh, a soda stream. That must be nice making different types of drinks, experimenting with flavors and such. Let me know how your coffee soda comes out.
Turns out.
Post a Comment