"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Return to Bella Vista Social Club and Caffe

TC had a performance nearby earlier today. To kill time between the drop off and the actual performance, we went to the Sanford Consortium building near UCSD...

I hadn't been back to Bella Vista (I've shortened the name if you haven't noticed)...since last year. As for the ocean view? You can kind of see it...

The day started off overcast which made for nice and even lighting...

Although they had a brunch menu, we shared a panini, the Istanbul. Bert also surprised me (while I was at the loo) by ordering a side of rosemary potatoes. They had lots of great choices.



Last time I was here with Dennis and Jinxi, we sat at that banquette. This time, Bert and I had a table outside to enjoy  the view.


My orange Pellegrino and Bert's Hammerhead.

Our Istanbul with a side salad, fruit and crisp rosemary potatoes.

We were a bit disappointed by the panini because it listed Turkish sausage (along with roasted red peppers and Fontina cheese) as one of the ingredients. We were both thinking that the sausage would be thick  and actually sausage looking and not represented as a thin slice of what looked like salami.


Seriously, this was Turkish sausage? Were we shortchanged?

The sandwich would have tasted better if there was more meat in it.

These on the other hand...so crisp and perfect. Now let me pour ketchup all over this.

Our shared desserts were the key lime mini tart and the pistachio dipped cannoli. Both were perfect little bites.


The cannoli shell was crisp the way I like it.

Our servers were super nice. Bert was so surprised to see how busy this place was. It was packed at one point. We'll have to try their brunch items next time. The quiche is calling my name.

Who else has been to Bella Vista Social Club?
Cathy has also been here for brunch  and Happy Hour last year along with Mary who went not once but twice, along wth Faye who visited later that Fall..

Previous visit to Bella Vista Caffe
July 2013 (with links to Dennis and Jinxi's posts)

Other than the skimpy Turkish "sausage", our meal was quite decent. The desserts were the perfect ending to our light meal.

Our next stop was down the street and lurking around the corner. I saw this rather interesting sculpture a few years ago when meeting Cathy and Dennis for lunch and thought to myself, "OMG, next time, I HAVE to STOP and see this THING up CLOSE!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts about this place. I haven't been back in awhile as the food on my last visit wasn't great. You totally got short changed on that sandwich :( At least the potatoes were yummy. Did you see any soup specials that day?

caninecologne said...

Thanks Faye. I was so disappointed with that sandwich. Wth man. I didn't check any specials to be honest. My husband really liked it here.

Mary said...

Uhhh, yeah, you definitely got jipped there. It looks like there's barely anything in that sandwich! Total sadness.

caninecologne said...

I mean there was only one thin slice of meat. I was real expecting a sausage.