
which we drove on back in Summer 2011 to check out the Marine Mammal Center (Free!)...

Luckily, we have a transponder (since we use the 125) and guess what people, it works for all bridges in California. So we passed up all of these poor bastards and zipped through more easily than most, heh heh...
In the Bay Area, you can only go in the carpool lane if you have more than THREE people. Not TWO like down here but THREE.
So onto the Bridge we went. We were expecting to run the gamut of microclimates. Sunny here, cloudier as approached the inland areas.

This was such a cool and long bridge!


Driving through all of the cute small towns such as San Anselmo, Fairfax, and Lagunitas. The sunny skies were soon to change.

Entering San Rafael...

I wish we had time to eat here, Sol Food (a Latin American and Puerto Rican restaurant)...

Sir Francis Drake is a super long road! The gps wanted us to go up and around to get to Point Reyes.

Ah, they have taquerias up here; this one is Taqueria mi Familia...

A sign in San Anselmo advertising the upcoming (at the time) Art & Wine Festival

We weren't even close to where we needed to be. One hour and a half? We hung a right to get to a rest stop on route to the lighthouse.

TC ended up eating the vegetarian sandwich we got her from Well-Grounded Coffee during our break.

The bathrooms were gross but not as gross as the one we would encounter at the lighthouse parking lot...coming up next!
I have to say that the drive up to this point was quite scenic. There were so many cute and quaint little towns that we drove past that I'm now curious to visit. Perhaps for a future road trip, we could explore those towns.


4 comments:
This post is reminding me of how many road/traveling/bridges/toll booths photos I have from our trip to the east coast, haha. Our trip included a lot of rotaries though, which are such a weird east coast thing. The bridge looks pretty!
We only did one toll bridge, the Richmond bridge. For our Chicago trip, we didn't realize there would be toll roads on the way to Wisconsin. Shit, we were unprepared and had to raid TC's coins.
Is a rotary one of those circle things? <===that was really articulate. I mean, traffic circles. I don't like those. Confusing.
Haha, yes, rotaries are traffic circles. We felt like our GPS kept lying to us when we would go through the traffic circles. They are ALL OVER the place in MA. Luckily Jake drove the whole time but I still had to navigate him because the streets would be confusing. We're thinking of going to Chicago for our next big trip!
Those rotaries reminds me of "European Vacation" where the Griswold family is going in circles in England...."Parliament...Big Ben....". I would hate to have to drive with those around plus traffic in Boston sucks.
Oh wow, Chicago! We loved our trip in 09. So many different neighborhoods with different ethnic enclaves. We had Bosnian food at Sarajevo, went to a Swiss bakery and a Polish buffet (Red Apple). I'm sure you guys would have a great time...it's such a big city and there are so many iconic food choices.
Post a Comment