(photo from my "IB" post from February 2008)
to this...

The sign is gone replaced by banners advertising new local businesses. Some bozo decided to put an upside cross and the number of the beast as well, which is just totally rude and disprespectful...
These photos were taken late August while driving home from our day in IB. I noticed that the buildings were being torn down so Bert parked while I took some pix...

Although I never attended high school here, I had a few friends and relatives who did go. Plus the school is right next to our church and it was wierd seeing half of the classroom buildings torn down. Marian High was built in the 60's and shut down in 2007 to make way for a housing development. It's already 2015 and still no new housing here. Marian High was resurrected as Mater Dei High and is located in East Chula Vista.

I sent photos to my godbrother who lamented the loss of his old school (his mom was my beloved late Ninang)...

We even saw the machine tearing down part of the gym.




There used to be a statue of the Virgin Mary in the concave structure but it's been long gone.

More wrecking going on here...

Sad to see this...




Another person was also taking photos (or recording) the demolition...


My godbrother later told me that he and his alumni friends were planning to "visit" the school for old times sake...
Little by little, all traces of the original school will be gone. Hopefully there will be something useful built for the community to take it's place. It's been an eyesore for quite awhile now.


No comments:
Post a Comment