"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pentych in North Park

A few weeks ago while on our way to Dark Horse in North Park...

I'd always admired this wall on the corner of Gunn St and 30th...

Gunn St. reminds me of Project Runway's Tim Gunn..."Make it work!"

They forgot, "All right designers! We're going to Mood!"

The wall is divided into five panels. I recognized one of the panels was by Gloria Muriel (far left panel)...her wide eyed figures are so distinctive.

Other than her panel, I am not sure who painted the other equally striking portions. I'll let the photos speak for themselves...







I love seeing vibrant art like this...

If you are ever in the East Village, here is another wall featuring Gloria Muriel's work (far right corner), which I've posted on (link at bottom of photos).


(from my The Bunny Kittymural on hArt Lounge" post, February 2015)

I also remembered seeing this panelat Solace and the Moonlight Lounge (it's by the stairwell). At the time, I didn't know who did it, but I certainly remembered her use of colors, the movement in the hair and the wide eyes.

(photo from my Solace and the Moonlight Lounge" post, January 2014)

I love her artistic style. Very unique.

More info on Gloria Muriel and her art:
www.gloriamuriel.com

Plus an interview (in Spanish)...She is so passionate about her work!

There are a few more of her pieces located throughout San Diego (Pacific Beach, Barrio Logan and Normal Heights) that I want to check out soon.

No comments: