"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Return to North Park Nursery and City Farmer's Nursery

The same day we went to Chi Extraordinary Kitchen, Bert and I visited a couple of nurseries...

hoping to find some more herbs and vegetables for our garden...

*Can you see the Georgia Street Bridge in the distance?

It was a $%#@ hot day and I was worried that any plants we bought would wither and die in the car...

I liked the chard we bought here last time so I hoped they had more...

Our two purchases - Swiss Chard and a lavendar plant. Although I don't like eating anything with lavendar, I still wanted to grow it for fun.

En route to the 805 near the University Ave and 30th St. intersection (you can see the now empty Heaven Sent Desserts on the corner; it will relocate a few doors west), we saw someone who was ready to do some landscaping. Very nice!

Our next stop before heading home was at City Farmer's Nursery in City Heights.


We had fun browsing around and ended up with a few interesting purchases.

Herbs:

Assorted vegetables. We got one of the blue containers which held three types of vegetables (two each), celery, cherry tomatoes and lettuce.

I liked this swing...

and the cute rabbits...

It felt so much nicer in the shade...This place has so much to look at.


The resident cat (I forgot it's name) napping on the counter.


Our variety pack plus Okinawan spinach (in the front) and chives (in the bag).

I've never heard of or eaten Okinawan spinach before. We'll see how it fares in the garden. As for the chives, we put them in a container with some sage, lemon thyme and black basil.

Previous visit to North Park Nursery:
uly 2015

Previous visit to City Farmer's Nursery:
December 2014

I've been lagging but eventually I will post my garden photos featuring eggplants, peppers, tomatoes and kale. It's been fun growing our own "produce" and I've enjoyed harvesting and cooking our vegetables as well.

No comments: