"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, August 16, 2013

Sicilian Thing 3x

Earlier today, we paid a visit to one of our favorite pizza places...

It was a "I don't want to cook tonight" Friday, so off we went to Hipsterville North Park...


We like the chill vibe here and the different varieties of pizza.

They sure do like Obama here...

Some of their varieties - Almost Lasagna,  Pineapple and Ham, Barack-oli Ricotta, Mushroom, and underneath, Pesto and Sundried Tomatoes.

Vegeta, Meatda, and underneath, cheese and pepperoni and cheese...

Bert's Saint Archer Blonde...

This paired really well with the pizza slices. It had a bit of a fruity taste and went down smoothly.

Our slices:

The Meatda which we really enjoy because of the thick but unbelievably airy and pillowy crust.

The Thing chosen by TC. This was basically a "supreme" with nearly everything on it.

One of my favorites, the Barack-oli Ricotta. The blobs of ricotta are so good!  I also like the garlic in the pizza sauce too!

Bert's Almost Lasagna which also featured blobs of ricotta.

As an afterthought, Bert and I got another thick slice, the  Mushroom...

Just look at that bread and that browned bottom crust!

And in the bathroom, some vandalizing joker "added" a few comments.  "Y el culo tambien (they spelled it wrong with an "m") means, "and your ass too"!

Parking wasn't as bad as we thought. We parked a few blocks up near the corner of 30th and Howard (near Crazy Burger) but we could've parked closer since the construction zone on 30th is free after 5 pm.

Previous visits to Sicilian Thing:
July 2012
September 2012

OMG, if this place were in our neighborhood, I'd be there EVERY DAY at least once a week!

Since we were in North Park, we thought we'd stick around and have some dessert in the neighborhood...

4 comments:

Dennis K. said...

I was just thinking last week I need to come back here!

caninecologne said...

You totally should! I think it was one of your posts that made us want to come here last year!

Mary said...

We haven't been here in awhile! You know, I've never had the thinner crust pizza. That "Almost Lasagna" slice looks good though... I loooove ricotta! Time for a revisit soon!

caninecologne said...

hi mary, i remembered your post and dennis's. this place is great! i like both styles of crust, the thin and the thick, which is very very "light".