The solution was to drive up north on 30th St...From South Park to North Park.

I remember reading one of Dennis's posts on this place once...
Sicilian Thing Pizza...

We got there bright at early (noon). The guys working there were super cool. No attitude at all. Very easy going and chill.

Their menu board:

They serve the thicker square cut Sicilian pizza as well as the traditional New York thin crust here.

Our slices...prices will vary depending on the type...

TC's combo slice.

My "Barack-oli Obama" slice with ricotta. I love that the ricotta are in big globs! Lame me, I didn't get the "Obama" pun and thought the green stuff was pesto. It was..."Broccoli". D'uh on me.

Bert's Pesto and Cheese...

I experimented with TC's nails - trying to do a 'gradient' nail. I didn't blend the lighter and middle colors too well, but it was fine for a first try. The colors used were OPI blue shade (forgot the name), a lighter blue (forgot the brand and name as well) and a light shimmery nude as the base. I'll figure out this gradient nail thing eventually! She was a good sport about it!

We wanted to try a few more slices, vacillating between getting two thick or one thick and one thin.
Here goes Round 2 - The thin slice of Nino Espinosa (tomato and spinach) and the thick Sicilian style slice of Mushroom Pepperoni. Man, I thought the thick cut slice would be heavy! That was the "lightest" thick crust we've ever tasted! It was so airy and light. The bottom was also nicely crisped. TC enjoyed this the most. I was pleasantly surprised by that crust and next time we go, we will try the Meatda slice!

We will definitely come back...

This mural on the corner of 30th and Polk is so pretty. It's the wall of Filter Coffee House.

I like the bubbly details...

The mural in all it's glory as we were leaving...

Who else went to Sicilian Thing Pizza?
Dennis posted on this place back in 2008
while Mary went here more recently in 2010...and Oh-So-Yummy went to Taste of North Park last fall and sampled their pizza as well...
Sicilian Thing Pizza
4046 30th Ave (corner of 30th and Polk)
San Diego, CA
(619) 282-3000
Sicilianthingpizza.com
If we had more people (or bigger stomachs, ha ha), we would have tried their other slices, like the tomato and garlic and the thick cheese. It gives us an excuse to come here again!
Up next, either back to Portland or another recent food post. It depends on my mood!


3 comments:
Glad you tried the square Sicilian slice CC. I've been back since but never got around posting. I really like the guys here too.
Ohh, I really like their thick, square Sicilian pizza. I haven't been in awhile, but sometimes I do just get a hankering for that thick pizza. I love the crust!
hey dennis - i'm glad too! i really thought the thicker square slices would be "heavy" but they weren't.
hi mary - you were right about that crust - it was like the most delicious crusty bread with pizza topping. want more!
Post a Comment