
It had been awhile since our family had been here (more recently for me alone though). I had a really stressful week at work so Bert wanted to "de-stress" me by taking us out to dinner. He asked me to pick a place the night before and when I told him my choice, it turned out we were on the same wavelength...
We ordered a few standby's as well as a new dish we hadn't tried yet, the Signature Fried Fish.

Bert and I both had iced coffees...

The Papaya Salad which we ordered very very mild.

Salad Rolls - We really like the freshly made peanut sauce. The rolls had vermicelli, shrimp, lettuce, bean sprouts, carrots, and cilantro. It was so healthy, light, and refreshing.

One of the winners that evening was the Garlic Fried Rice ($3). I don't remember the rice having that much fried garlic bits on top, but man was this really delicious! No leftovers with this one!

Overview of our dishes which included TC's Pad Thai with Pork...

My favorite, the Issan sausage ($6.95 or was it $7.95?), which used to be served with a cabbage wedge but wasn't (like last time).

The Signature Fried Fish ($15.95):

For the same price as the Three-Flavor Fish, we got extra vegetables and another type of sauce (garlic lime). I didn't like this as much as the Pine Cone Fish or the Three Flavor Fish, but it was still good to try something new. The vegetables were just standard. The halibut had a nice panko breading with a juicy interior. The garlic lime sauce was pretty spice while the other sauce was a bit sweeter (sweet chili).
Most recent visit to SEL in Santee:
April 2013 - When I met up with the two C's, Carol and Cathy...
Of course, being in Santee, we had to go to "another place" (a beloved institution, in fact) just down the road for dessert. The magical hour of 8 pm was approaching and that could only mean one thing...


2 comments:
Man, do I love that Garlic Fried Rice at SEL2
hi kirk, yeah, i looked at an older photo of the garlic fried rice and it didn't have that much garlic on it. i like the improvement!
Post a Comment