
it changed to the creatively (cough, cough) monikered iWok this spring. Seriously, iWok?
Recently, I had lunch there with La Ley out of curiosity...
It's near Starbucks, a crappy donut place, Subway and an ice cream place. This is an actual sit-down restaurant with table service. No steam tables either.

They are in the process of getting their liquor license too (as seen on the posters on their windows). The service was good; our server was super nice and friendly.

It's pretty much Americanized Chinese food.

Not that it's a bad thing...

We both got one of the $6.99 lunch specials. The $1 difference in the specials is due to the addition of protein. Notice that there is no extra charge for shrimp!

Our egg drop soup, fried egg roll (mine had a few cold spots in it, ugh), fried won ton strips and some radioactively hued sweet and sour sauce. I actually liked the soup!

La Le's Chow Mein with chicken and a side of fried rice. Carb overload, ha ha.

I had the same thing but with shrimp. And not just two or three measly shrimp. No, they were very generous here with eight plump and juicy skrimps!

I wish there were more vegetables other than bean sprouts and green onion stalks, but the food was decent. I barely finished half of the shrimp and noodles and saved the rest for later. The rice went uneaten (even at home).
iWok
1459 East H Street (in the Ralph's shopping center)
Chula Vista, CA 919 b
(619) 421-5464
They do not have a website.
The food is okay but not spectacular. It's not like we're talking gourmet food here, but for what we had, it was all right. I guess we'd have to try more dishes (if we ever decide to return) to get a better feel. It's nice, new and clean here and another Chinese food option that's close to home.
Yay for the three day weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment