
Anyone want a mini Nativity set, an African head bust or a toy gorilla? They also have those ubiquitous California bear shirts (another variation is Cali Love).
Maybe a fake genie lamp is more to your liking, or a brass swan or ring holder with a naked chick as a base? Surely there is a market for this flotsam and jetsam...

I wonder if that stuff is really for sale or if the owners just put the most random stuff for display purposes only?
Since I didn't really partake of the yogurt at Yog-Art, I had Caffe Calabria in mind for my dessert...

We noticed that there was a new seating area outside!

In addition to existing tables right outside the caffe, this turned out to be a brand-new week old installation that actually takes up a several parking spaces on the street. There's a bar height section, black rails/dividers and wooden floorboards.

Pretty nifty! But I'm sure that some might grumble about a few parking spaces lost.

Bert got hot cocoa for TC and him to share...

For me, Affogato with vanilla gelato.

This is much much better than the one from Up2You Cafe. I love the bitterness of the espresso mixed with the creamy gelato. I never liked the mixing of hot with cold until I had affogato here.

Their pizza oven was in use that evening. We could smell the fire and the pizzas coming out every so often. One of these nights we'll have to try one of their Napolitan style pizzas.
Dusk in North Park...

The new sidewalk seating addition reminded me of this old song from the 80's, "Sidewalk Talk" - Jellybean Benitez featuring Madonna (1984 to be exact).
I think this was not the real video, but just a compilation of early Madonna videos set to that song.
Previous visits to Caffe Calabria:
November 2012
January 2013
Another thing about Caffe Calabria, it's the coffee used in Ballast Point's "Victory at Sea" Imperial Porter. Love that dark beer! The coffee flavor is pretty pronounced in there. We enjoyed a bottle recently with ice cream. I noticed that a lot of the hipster restaurants are now offering beer floats...Anyhow, just a small side now.
Hope to visit Calabria again in a few months when Fall Break hits. Yes, I'm already thinking about Fall Break!


No comments:
Post a Comment