"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, June 09, 2011

PubCakes again!

After our lunch at Sang Dao, we headed east on El Cajon Blvd (from City Heights all the way to La Mesa) for dessert at one of my favorite dessert spots, PubCakes...

What I like about coming here is that there are always new flavors!

The new flavors were Malted Marlin, Freaking Apple, Velvet Glove (they were out of those today), and I Can't Believe It's Not Mango!

I got a half dozen of all the flavors (except the Punkin' Vegan and the Velvet Glove) for us to enjoy outside. The logo'd boxes are new and a nice touch!

My favorite is the Stoned Portzilla because of the flavors and textures (coconut and chocolate). We really liked the Freaking Apple (especially the homemade nut brittle as a topper). MFS thought the bacon bits on the Beer for Breakfast cupcake were almonds! :) 

We polished off four of  the mini's (leaving the Irish Carbomb and the Beer for Breakfast) and she bought a half dozen more for later. I also had a half dozen to go (same flavors except THIS time I got the Punkin' Vegan instead of the Irish Carbomb for Bert)...

Here's a close up of the Malted Marlin - another new flavor that's a winner. I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry. What I really like about the cupcakes here are the different flavor combinations and the toppings. Each cupcake is so unique and has its own "personality" if a cupcake could have personality! I think this one would be the "sassy" cupcake!

Thank goodness for minis; I don't feel so bad or guilty trying all the new flavors. A regular size cupcake would have been too much so these bite size cupcakes are perfect to sample and share.  I can't wait to come here again to try even more new flavors or in Bert's case, on a day when they're selling beer popsicles!

Previous posts on PubCakes here and here.

No comments: