"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, June 05, 2011

iPod Roulette

I love the shuffle button on my iPod - sometimes I hear songs that I haven't heard in ages:

Let's see what the top 15 gives us:

Whenever You're on My Mind - Marshall Crenshaw (One of my favorite songs, I just love the chiming guitars)
Que Sera Sera - Sly and the Family Stone (From one of my fave movies, "Heathers")
Doralice - Stan Getz (Gotta have the bossa nova...
Hitch a Ride - Boston (And the classic rock too! Brad Delp's stratospheric voice is one of the best in rock)
Point of No Return - Expose (Oh shit, you caught me! Old School Freestyle!)
Sinner's Swing - Van Halen (Fun song! I can't believe they used to play this on the radio - there's an "F" word in there!)
Put Down that Weapon - Midnight Oil (From their 1987 album, "Diesel and Dust", saw them three times between '88 and '89; this song is about war)
La di Da di - Doug E. Fresh (Haha, gotta love this old school hip hop!
Sin City - AC/DC (Classic Bon Scott!)
Crazy Train - Emm Gryner (From the Canadian/Filipina songstress's album, "Girl Versions" in which she does acoustic versions of different songs, in this case, an Ozzy Osbourne classic)
Game of Death (theme) - John Barry Orchestra (Bruce Lee's last movie!!!! Mr. Han! The room of mirrors!)
Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - Soft Cell (I remember I had this song on a "Goodbye/Hello" compilation)
Star Wars Disco - Meco (What???? I'm not ashamed!!!!! Damn, this song even has the R2D2 sound effects!)
Suavecito - Malo (Love love love this song! One of the members is the brother of Carlos Santana)
No Myth - Michael Penn (Remember this one? Acoustic? Yes, it's Sean Penn's brother)
Noose - The Primitives (I loved late 80's Britpop)

What's the first 15 songs on your iPod?

No comments: