
We were here a couple of years ago when one of our co-workers retired. Last year we went to Frida's (which is now closed).

The vinegars/oils and sauces that we didn't really use. Wait, one person used the chili sauce.

While not a big fan of PF Chang's, I'm not really here for the food but for the camaraderie and the joyous relief we all felt that the year was over! Authentic Chinese food this is not. Pictured below were the fried spring rolls. Bland.

Followed by the lettuce wraps. There were six of us so keep in mind that all this food went quickly. We had a staff party at the boss's house later that afternoon so we didn't eat a huge meal. The filling is too salty and I didn't really like this.

Someone ordered the Kung Pao chicken and I have to say this was by far, the worst I've ever had. The chunks were battered in something and then fried. I've never had KP chicken of this caliber. Plus, it wasn't even spicy at all. I can't believe this was supposed to be Kung Pao.

Of the different dishes ordered that day, this was the favorite of all, the Fried Green Beans. Yeah, fried!nice, hot, and crispy! The sauce was also tasty (spicy).

Someone else ordered the Lo Mein with Shrimp and Beef. By the time it got to me, this was what was left. There was also only one shrimp left. Sad panda.

It was getting mega crowded because of all the families that were there celebrating graduations that day.

Off to the staff party!

A taquero was on hand to serve up chicken or beef tacos, along with all the fixings and chips!

There was also Jamaica and Horchata as drinks...

A co-worker's plate containing two carne asada tacos with tomatillo sauce and chips with fresh salsa. Mmmm...

Another colleage had the rice and beans with one carne asada and one chicken taco. That's also a jelly shooter in the small plastic cup. They had "red" and "blue" flavors!

Inside, there was a whole table with even more food - nacho chips and cheese in the crock pot, mini brownie bites, assorted vegetable crdites, and a gigantor bowl of fruit salad.

As if my day couldn't get any busier, I left the staff party early to pick up TC and then jet over to TORC's house to help set up for her baby shower the next day. Her sis as well as the KD and her daughter also were on hand to set up the chairs, decorations and set up where the food and desserts would be. I'm so anal - I make a planogram in my head, sketch it out, then lay out all the serving dishes (labeled of course with the entree) and serving utensils.
And afterwards, we went to a friend's son's graduation party. Luckily it was just one minute away from TORC's house. At this party, they served the hottest Thai salad I've ever had (ordered from the Thai place in IB). My friend is half Thai so she said she ordered the salad the "Real Thai" way which is really spicy and not watered down. Let me tell you that this salad made my lips numb (I also felt the after effect the next day, ouch!)! I noticed not many people got the papaya salad, opting instead to get more familiar looking food, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. Not shown were the cabbage wedges that were to be eaten with the salad. I didn't take any pix of the other food (pizza, buffalo wings, salt and pepper wings, spaghetti, Caesar salad and assorted desserts including homemade marshmallows made by Lotus).

Such a long day! I was exhausted not just from the day's events but also the next day, which was to be TORC's baby shower...


No comments:
Post a Comment