"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 7 Highlights

Yesterday was so damn tiring. Before our foray into the Guadalupe Dunes, I made Bert turn the car around so I could get a photo of this fantastic mural featuring a cholo praying, the Virgin of Guadalupe and a goateed homie priest. This was a book keeping business, believe it or not.  Seriously though, murals like this have a lot of personality and I totally dig that!


The Guadalupe Dunes...home of the Lost City of Cecile B. DeMille (the set of "The Ten Commandments" has been buried under the sand for at least 88 years). The beach scene in "Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End"  and the desert scenes in "Hidalgo" were also filmed here!

Let's put it this way, after walking 3/4 of a mile (each way) on sand, my feet were pretty much exfoliated and my calves were sore (and buffer)!

The old road to the beach eroded and was taken over by the sand.

Lunch was NOT at Guadalupe but in a neighboring town about half an hour away. Can you guess what type of cuisine it was?

Met a very nice mestizo gentleman as we were admiring this mural about Philippine and Filipino American history...

What I really like about the Central Coast is the abundance of fresh vegetables everywhere, whether it's at a roadside stand or a farmer's market, farmers are very proud of their bounty...

We thought it might be nice to stop by this place (and get some desserts!)...

I should have rotated this photo, so just tilt your head to the left to admire the 63 foot drop of this waterfall...

We stopped by a local place for some Santa Maria style bbq tri-tip...

This was yesterday...I think I just blew my diet this whole week! But it was worth it!

I'm almost caught up...Just had a couple of slices of pizza (we ordered in) at the hotel here in LA. We head back tomorrow on Father's Day...

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Those veggies look awesome. I laughed out loud when I read you made Bert turn the car around to get a photo of the mural. I would have done the same thing!

caninecologne said...

hi darlene - i loved seeing all of the fresh produce...

re: mural - i just had to get out of the car and snap some pix! that mural was awesome!