
The top is from Anthropologie. It's actually a "tank top" with a draped cowl neck with ruching (see product details here). It's cut on the bias and is kind of cut like a swingy a-line but more fitted (thank goodness because if it was cut wider and wore in untucked, I'd look like I was prego or something).

The fabric is jersey and drapes quite nicely. Again, I wouldn't wear this out, but tucked in (even in jeans). The color is also pretty for spring and summer.

I paired the green top with a black and white giraffe print pencil skirt from Ann Taylor Loft (Fk yeah, bought on sale and with a $20 off coupon; see product info here). The salesgirl at the store recommended wearing the skirt with a bright color such as coral, red, orange (no to all!) or even purple or magenta. She said a bright color would make the skirt "pop" which is true. But I wanted something different so I chose green. I used an old patent leather belt (an old one that came with an older dress) and my black cockroach killer pointy toed heels. BTW, the skirt sizes in this style run big, so that size that I normally thought would fit me was huge so I happily went one size down. It's probably "vanity sizing" but it made me feel better. :)

One of my former students (Class of 97 can you believe it?) went up to me on the field and said I looked "fly"(fly for my age, ha ha). Her baby sister graduated that day and I've known the family for 17 years (this is the one who had a recent debutante party), so it was super nice that she was able to catch me amidst the chaotic madness on the field. It was great seeing her again but most of all seeing all of the proud parents and the jubilant students as they tossed their mortarboards in the air at the end of the ceremony.
Only five weeks of vacation but hey, I'm not complaining!


4 comments:
You look great! And gag on the red top suggestion.
I envy your five weeks off. Have fun!
hi darlene - thanx; haha "gag", i know right!? i was afraid i'd look too dalmatian like if i paired this up with red!
So classy, you look great! I think the green is a great choice, and slap those kids when they use the phrase 'for your age', really! You look great for any age!!
hi jw - thanks and she didn't say 'for your age' (those were my comments). but if someone did say that, that up goes the hand! ha ha!
Post a Comment