
It was a belated Christmas gift from our good friend C from Life on Manitoulin
Mixed in with assorted beautify products and a gift for TC from LO (it was a portable phone charger, which was pretty nifty), were much coveted Canadian snacks and candies. C knows how much we love the Coffee Crisp candies and ketchup flavored chips. This time, this was a new product, these ketchup flavored potato crackers. Most of them were crushed but hey, I ate them with a spoon!

The Maynard's Sour Patch Kids was welcomed by TC. The canned item on the left was all in French but from what I could figure out, it was some sort of chocolate dip The jar on the right was mango flavored curry powder. I can't wait to use that in potato or chicken salad.
Ketchup flavored stuff. It's a Canadian thing.

Mango curry seasoning.

These....Now these I have waited nearly three years to taste once again.

Crispers are like Wheatables snack crackers which are baked not fried. They are in the "all dressed" flavor which is a flavor not found in the U.S. It's hard to describe but it does have a tangy taste to it that is very addicting. I remember buying all dressed flavor potato chips when we were in Canada.

MSG is one of the ingredients not that there's anything wrong with that. I like MSG.
Here is a review about the Crispers All Dress flavor:
Taquitos.net
Previous posts featuring Canadian snacks and candy:
"Foodland in Mindemoya" March 2011 (from our Summer trip to Manitoulin Island in 2010)plus
"Stuff bought at Foodland" (same trip)
"Canadian Candy" June 2011
"Return to Foodland", August 2012 (from our Summer trip to Manitoulin Island in 2012)
We loved the care package and wished that we could have Crispers and Coffee Crisp all the time, haha. Thanks so much C!

2 comments:
I didn't realize Smarties and Coffee Crisp were only sold in Canada! I lived in Canada for 2 years when I was in high school and my mom still lives there so I go back every now and then to visit her (most of the time she prefers to visit SD haha). I have never tried Crispers but I miss salt & vinegar chips, although you can find them here more often now. I'll get you some ketchup chips next time I go :P
Hi JS - I've seen Smarties sold at Fresh & Easy. I'm sure there are some other specialty stores where they can be found. They're not quite as good as M&M's though, heh heh. As for Coffee Crisp, I found those bars once at this small market in National City but they no longer carry them which kinda sucks. I have not seen Crispers here at all but they look like a cracker called Wheatables which is discontinued. The last time we went to Canada, I bought so many cans of ketchup flavored Pringles and gave them out as food gifts. :)
Post a Comment