"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

J & T Thai Street Food

Yesterday TC and I had the pleasure of having lunch with my good friend Cathy of mmm-yoso...

at a place she recommended and one that I was actually curious to try...

Be warned, there is construction going on in this parking lot (which makes it even more crappy and more narrow to navigate).

Cathy and I shared several appetizers and a salad while TC stuck to her go to, the Pad Thai with tofu.

(Sorry this dude walked through my photo but luckily, did not block the menu, dagnabbit).

The guys working here were really chill; very young. The space is open and industrial looking. There are some communal tables in the middle, but we chose to sit next to the window (more light for our photos!).

Our drinks, Thai tea with boba (guess who's/not mine!) and iced coffee for me.

Our lunch:

Pad Thai with Tofu ($7.50):

Chicken wraps ($3/comes with 3 and is a meal in itself):

Salad with shrimp ($7.50). We chose the spicy lime dressing. This was a nice mix of greens, cucumber, tomatoes and enoki mushrooms.

Chicken satay ($3) with peanut sauce. This can also be a meal by itself. No sticks in this one here.  The chicken had some dry parts though, but for the most part, had good flavor.

Fried wings ($3/only 3) with a sweet chili sauce. The skin was nice and crispy. I wished the wings could have been bigger but everyone liked these.


I found this bathroom sign a bit disturbing. Is the man figure peering over a stall? Is he riding a pogo stick? WTH.

If you walk pass the fake greenery wall, you will find  the mysterious back room. Very rustic, isn't it?


What's with the fake greenery walls nowadays? I'm sure this place gets crowded when university is in session. Today it was nice and uncrowded!

Who else went to J & T Thai Street Food
Kirk from mmm-yoso went here May 2013

plus reviews from that four lettered site and  trip advisor along with these articles:
"New in town J & T Street Food" SD Magazine, February 22, 2013
"JT Thai Street Food does chicken and rice right" SD City Beat, May 10,2013

J & T Thai Street Food
5259 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 294-7500

jntthai.com

Now's the time to go when there are no students around. USD is not in session (unless you count summer school and even then it won't be as crowded).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post inspired us to have thai for lunch today. The lettuce wraps look generous. That's funny about the stick-less satay and the wings do look a bit small for the price charged. I agree about the bathroom sign. Creepy.

caninecologne said...

Hi Faye
I hope you had a great lunch today. Did you go here or to another Thai place? The wraps were very generous. Paired with another $3 appetizer, it makes for a cheap but filling meal. Bathroom sign = wrong.

Mary said...

Ooo, those wings look really nice and crispy! And that salad looks awesome, too. How was your coffee? I like that rustic wooden area in the back.

caninecologne said...

The wings were good but not Mandarin chicken good. The salad was fresh, very healthy.the back is cool bit too dark for taking photos, haha.

caninecologne said...

Forgot to say that the coffee was pretty good but had more cream than I would've liked.