

and got a couple of drinks. Before heading home, we went back to a strip mall on Garnet...

which turned out to be the wrong stripmall...but led to checking out a bakery I remember seeing last year...
For some reason, I thought this shopping center was the one with Pure Cupcakes, not that we were going to get any but only because they had tables and chairs where we could enjoy our drinks.
It turned out to be the shopping center that had that crappy Vietnamese place we tried last year, Pho Time.

See the blue sign? Charlie's Best Bread. We had to go.
My Mint Mocha Chiller and TC's Chai Tea Latte.

Well, what do you know, Charlie's Best Bread had places to sit...

As you walk in, to your left there are free samples of their breads. We didn't get any but instead looked around. There is an open kitchen area where you can see the bakers rolls our and form their breads.

Their board of offerings:

Challah loaves...

Scones (on steroids), only $2.50.

Cherry chocolate bread loaf and chocolate banana nut. I was so tempted but refrained.

More breads...such a wide variety.


We bought two scones that day, blueberry cream cheese and chocolate chip. Those will last several days since they were so thick and big. Like scary big. They were not dry scones either which I am not fond of. They were moist but not so moist as a muffin for comparison. It was like a soft but ginormous cookie. Th


I liked the look of the blueberry swirled into the scone. A few bites was all we could handle.

We will have to try their actual breads next time!
Charlie's Best Bread
1808 Garnet Ave (off Garnet & Lamont St.)
San Diego, CA 92107
(858) 272-3521
www.charliesbestbread.com
There was one more stop before heading home...

No comments:
Post a Comment