"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mission Hills Nursery

As we were driving on Fort Stockton while looking for the coffee place, we saw the Mission Hills nursery and made a mental note to visit before driving back home...

I hadn't been here in a long time, as in before TC was born...

I remember Bert and I buying paperwhite bulbs here during the holidays. This must haved been late 1998 because that was the year we moved into our house.  Anyhow, the nursery is as beautiful as I had remembered it to be. TC and I enjoyed exploring the grounds, from the flowers, herbs, vegetables, fruit trees and more. There was even a chicken wandering around the sunken garden area.



I was excited to see a shiso plant here (the darker leafed one) and many types of mint including one that smelled like pineapple.

The lower portion of the grounds...


TC enjoyed seeing their wide variety of succulents...

These can get to be pretty big, these rosette succulents (not the real name).



Bert's mom as well as my mom have a few of these in the back yard. Succulents are supposedly easy to grow if you break off a piece. She can get some for free from both grandmothers.


Mission Hills Nursery
1525 Fort Stockton Dr.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 295-2808

www.missionhillsnursery.com

Such a pretty and well stocked garden! It was neat to know it was the oldest nursery in San Diego...their website touts that "Since 1910, continuing Kate Session's tradition...". Incidentally we would be visiting Kate Sessions park later that week.

No comments: