"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Espresso Mio

After our excellent lunch at Supannee House of Thai, the sun actually came out of hiding...

we made our way out of cloudy Point Loma and headed to Mission Hills. There was a coffee place there I hadn't tried yet...

called Espresso Mio. It's located on the western end of Fort Stockton Dr. in cute building that overlooks a canyon.


Only one gal was working that day and while she was nice and friendly, I felt bad for people waiting while she made our order. I had the macchiato while TC tried the mocha chiller.


At the end of the hallway was a small patio with about two or three shaded tables. We chose to sit there that day.

It was very peaceful back here actually. We could hear the birds chirping and singing and the leaves rustling.


While the view was quite nice, our drinks were on the so-so side. TC's mocha chiller was weak. We saw the girl scoop out mocha powder from a can. It was so light colored and artificial tasting. Poo.  As for my macchiato,  it had quite a bit of white foam. I moved the paper cup around so that the espresso would form a "ring" around it and look nicer. My drink was bitter but I didn't feel like adding any extra milk or sugar to it.


This was cool, this cage-like enclosure next door.


I'm not sure where their pastries are from or their coffee as well. Maybe a return visit with Bert another time to give this place another shot.

Espresso Mio
1920 Fort Stockton
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 501-6085

There is no website but here the the reviews from you know where

No comments: