"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, June 05, 2015

Lemongrass Thai Food

Now Ramona is a place we only visit once a year...

which is usually when we pass through (operative word "pass) on our way home from our Julian day trips.

We weren't sure where we were going to go...

TC was craving Thai food so I looked up the nearest Thai place (and possibly the only Thai place in Ramona scratch that, there's also Thai Time Ramona). The folks working here were super nice (and probably happy to see anything resembling Asian faces out here; I kid, but seriously, there ain't no Filipinos or too many Asian out here, eh).


We shared three dishes. Our drinks were Thai iced coffee and lemongrass juice (I don't think this was a tea and definitely not a soda); I really liked that juice.



The eggdrop/courn soup that came with our lunch...

TC's pad thai with tofu, papaya salad with shrimp and some sort of noodle dish with chicken and sesame seeds (ordered by Bert).

The sauce was on the sweeter side. No salty crab here. The shrimps were plump and juicy by the way. The noodle dish was pretty good as well. It's been more than six months and our memory is pretty rusty but we do remember enjoying this. TC's pad thai was also flavorful. The portions seemed to be just right as well.



It was pretty gloomy when we left Ramona but the sun soon peeked through closer to home...

Heading home on the 125 toll road in Eastern Chula Vista.

Lemongrass Thai
1415 Main St.
Ramona, CA 92065
(760) 789-7142

lemongrass-thaifood.com

The folks here were so very friendly and humble.  They had just moved from Texas (I could be wrong but for some reason that's what I remember) and set up shop here. I hope their business does well.

No comments: