
Today we had lunch at my parents so we moved Bert's lunch up by one day which was fine by him. Seafood he wanted and seafood he got...

Here at Bay Park Fish Company which is right next to Siesel's Old Fashioned Meats.
I'd heard good things about this place and was happy that Bert chose it as our lunch destination.

We found out later from our server that Brunch was started about three months ago and is available on weekends only.

Brunch menu:

Bert and I got the mimosa pitcher (wth right) while TC had a Sprite.

As tempted as I was to try the Chicken Fried Steak (having had it twice recently at two different places with varied results), I went with a seafood item, the Lobster Omelet.
Bert and I chose two items from the menu above while TC chose the Ahi Poke specialty.

A portion of their regular menu (which is on the pricy side)

There were three main dining areas, which includes a big space in the back (we saw a large party go in).


If you look up, you can see fishing poles in the beams. Very cool.

Our lunch - Ahi Poke, bowl of clam chowder, lobster omelet and crab cakes benedict.

TC really enjoyed this ahi poke it was a bit on the sweet side though.


The crab cakes were on the smaller side but they were all crrab and no filler bread crumbs. He really liked this plate.

I went with the server's recommendation and got the lobster omelet. She said there would be A LOT of lobster and man, was she so RIGHT about that. I'm glad I ordered it. I could only finish half (Bert had the rest today for breakfast, heh heh). As you can see, it was indeed chockful of tender and meat lobster.


The clam chowder after I dumped in the crackers. It had tiny bits of chopped clam, diced potatoes and corn. Bert can't resist ordering clam chowder at any seafood restaurant. This version was pretty tasty.

Afterwards, we drove to nearby 85C bakery for his dessert. The boba is the teen's while Bert threw caution to the wind and got the sea salt coffee (that cream, yikes). In the box was a slice of Black Forest Cake. Each item was $3.


This was too sweet for me and believe it or not, I was not in the mood for a coffee drink or sugary sweets. What? I know, eh.
Bay Park Fish Company
4121 Ashton St.
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 276-3474
www.bayparkfishco.com
plus previous visit to 85C:
April 2015 with Astroboi
Bert was pretty happy with Bay Park Fish Co and wants to return soon!

4 comments:
What a great set of meals! I didn't know about brunch there either. We've decided we will order things from the fridge at 85C the next time...we always leave and stare at it longingly...same at PB.
I thought it was too. I could only handle two glasses from that mimosa pitcher. I am a lightweight, heh.
I think I'm over 85C. Way over.
I read today that Fathers Day is the busiest day of the year at Point Loma Seafoods...men with a choice in SoCal want seafood more than steak! Yes, I'm very selective of sweets lately; it has to be quality in addition to fresh.
Seafood is almost always my husband's choice whenever it is a special occasion.
Post a Comment