"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Bing Haus Revisits

After our breakfast at Maggie's Cafe we had some time to kill before Bing Haus opened...

so Astroboi and I amused ourselves silly at Ross and Zion. Whenever I am with him, I feel like we're 15 again...

He and I know each other so well. It's uncanny.  But, I'm so glad that we take the time every so often to go out and catch up on things.

So, they now have a few more flavors for rolled ice cream than the original three that were offered when they first opened. The last three flavors listed were new. He let me choose Black Sesame. It's good that he isn't too picky.

I noticed that the fish shaped waffle cone was now being offered as well but we couldn't handle one dessert each (more on this later).

The flavor board at the counter had a few things crossed out.

Astroboi's tea, served on a board with its own pot. Sooooo cute. I just noticed that they stuck the spoon through the creamer handle too.


I kept it simple, just an espresso.

They use Bird Rock Coffee here. I ended up having to put milk and sugar in this. Maybe they had a bad batch, but this tasted kind of burnt. Poo.

Our dessert being made...

Black sesame rolled ice cream, drizzled with honey and topped with mini mochi pieces and black sesame seeds:


Very delicious this was.

Both Astroboi and I enjoyed our dessert. I think he may come again so his significant other can try it too. :)

Later that same week, I was here again but this time with two excited teenagers with me, TC and one of her good friends from school. We came here after lunch at Pokirrito nearby.



It's cool to see neon signs like this incorporated once more in shops. Before, it would only be used to indicate "Open" or "Closed".

While we were waiting for our desserts, the owner came by to give us a "sample" fish waffle cone. It was empty; she wanted us to have something to munch on while waiting. The girls' rolled ice creams came first and my "Ice Cream by the Sea" dessert took a little longer.



Thai tea for TC's friend and Banana for TC.  I noticed they put strawberries on hers; on some photos on Instagram, the banana favor actually had banana slices but I guess strawberries are more colorful and make for a better photo.

The Thai tea  had grass jelly cubes and condensed milk. TC's friend has had rolled ice cream in Japan and says that there were more flavors offered here as compared to Japan. She liked Bing Haus' version better and that it was pretty authentic.



My soft serve ice cream in the fish waffle.


You can't see my expression but I was making a face, thinking, "OMG, how am I going to finish this?"  The crisp waffle was packed quite full with soft serve. I ended up eating it with a spoon and could barely finish it. I hadn't even eaten lunch yet since I passed on Pokirrito, so it seemed kind of wrong for me to be eating this without having had real food, but I got over that pretty quickly, ha ha.

Before we left, they gave us a "sample" (or, a leftover piece of an experiment) of their new mocha flavor that they would soon offer. It tasted ok and had some chocolate coffee flavored shavings in it.

I think I'm Bing Haus'ed out already. Until Bert decides he wants to go here, ha ha.

First visit to Bing Haus:
September 2016 (my post links Kirbie's post; she has since then tried the shaved snow and a few other flavors so I'm sure there will be a revisit post in the future)

There are so many dessert options now in close proximity to each other. It's nice to have so many choices. If you go here at night at peak hours, be prepared to wait...a really long time.  Otherwise, if you go right when they open, the wait will be pretty short to nonexistent.

No comments: