
where the next stop of TORC's Birthday crawl would be...

I've been here before but now, I was here with the Educator GF's...
so they too could enjoy their lovely scones and that amazing butter flight. Plus coffee. Real coffee.



I noticed their fruit infused ciders weren't on the menu board today. I ended up ordering a cold brew since I've already had their Macchiato and Gibraltar.

One of these days I'll have to try actual food here, ha ha.

The barista that helped me before wasn't there today but no worries. The folks working here are all very friendly. The place was buzzing with people and we were lucky to even find a seat inside, which happened to be the raised platform in the middle with comfortable seats and two wooden tables.

Our drinks - my cold brew, KD's house coffee (with added milk and sugar) and TORC's Gibraltar. I was really happy that she tried something new. The Gibraltar (or Cortado) is one of my favorite drinks; I really like the low milk to espresso ratio.

My cold brew was so smooth, I didn't even need to add anything to it. It wasn't even bitter and best of all, low acidity so my stomach didn't get all %$#@'d up.





D was also adventurous and selected the Ethiopian pourover...


We all enjoyed our drinks here. KD's brother used to like the previous incarnation, Cosmos Coffee House; KD made sure to send her brother photos of his former favorite coffee house that morning.
The scones and butter flight are what we came for. We each had our own scone and got all six flavors. Same as before. This time, they didn't melt in the hot sun. The blueberry tea was a favorite as was the Nutella bacon.


D and KD liked the plain sugar scones so much, they bought a few more to go for their husbands and daughters.
Previous visit to Public Square Coffee:
September 2016 (this post links Cathy's post as well)
I was happy my friends liked it here and one even remarked that she would be making a return visit. I certainly plan to come back to try the actual food and maybe even a pourover (if I can handle all that caffeine, maybe not).
Before heading to our last stop on the birthday crawl, we crossed the street for what KD called, "retail therapy"...


No comments:
Post a Comment