"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Painted utility boxes near Duet Coffee

Earlier this month, I met up with Cathy of mmm-yoso...

We had breakfast at the nearby Daily Grind Cafe and headed to this strip mall westward on ECB so we could have coffee at Duet.


One of the business in the strip mall had that stereotypical Asian font, you know the kind that has pointy ends?  We saw a LOT of signage like that for Chinese restaurants up north. Except this sign, Kang's was a martial arts supply store not a take out joint.

Alongside the curb facing outward to ECB were these whimsical painted utility boxes.

I've seen this artist's work before. There is a similarly painted box over in North Park near 30th.


Here are a few front and back shots...




Duet is right there on the corner of ECB and Aragon St.

I highly recommend their coffee. It's a cute place and they also serve tea, fruity soda refreshers and pastries.

I love seeing these painted green boxes. They are all over San Diego and makes each neighborhood unique.

Previous visit to Duet Coffee (this time with Cathy):
October 2016

I'll have to take photos of the artist's other painted utility boxes in North Park. For the life of me, I can't find my photos of it and I am certain it is by the same artist.

No comments: