
we were there the previous summer when my former student got married...
They are known for their "no use of electronic devices" rule. There is actually a sign on the door. The first time I visited, I didn't take any photos inside. Then I noticed that one dude was totally on his smartphone and no one policed him.


Trouble Coffee's longer name is actually Trouble Coffee & Coconut Club. They do sell coconuts here but I think they're like $5 each. Uh....yeah. No.

Bert's mocha...

My Gibraltar. Don't call it a cortado fool. It' a damn Gibraltar up here, ha ha.

I thought this was a cute stop motion film (it's really short too):
Plus this...the Gibraltar shows up at the 1:23 mark:
We drank our coffee in the parklet outside..


The stores next door to Trouble include a General Store (cut off on the left), a dry clearner's and a Chinese owned liquor store.

Down the street, across from the liquor store with green awanings was the place we would end up having dinner later that day...
Previous visit to Trouble Coffee:
May 2015 (when we went during our Summer 2014 road trip for my former student's wedding)
Here's a few articles about the Gibraltar (pro and con):
"Gibraltar - San Francisco's cult coffee comes to London", Young and Foodish, March 25, 2009
"Gibraltar - The Fool's Cappuccino", The Shot, Coffee Ratings, April 2009.
Gibraltar fact list
Done and done. We would find out later that morning that one of our back tires had a flat which threw us off for a few hours. We went to my cousin's favorite local car mechanic who then referred us to a tire shop in Daly City to get it fixed (to make a long story short, we replaced it)...
I'm going to fast forward to epic dinner (skip our lunch destination, which was at a Russian place in the Richmond district, and all of our other activities) for my next post...


No comments:
Post a Comment