"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Once again, Oasis...

Since this place was just across the street...

it was time to pay Oasis another visit...


this time with TC and friend aboard. The prices here are great! One scoop is $1.60. Four scoops is $4 (not that we'd ever get four scoops at once)! You can't even get one #$@% scoop at those OTHER ice cream places for $4!

Everything is made in house...

It was packed inside when we got here. The lone table outside was occupied as well.

TC and her friend's double cones (they're young and can burn off the calories much faster than us fogies):

The friend's Vanilla Caramel ice cream with Cookies and Creme...

TC's wierd combination of Mango and Chocolate Chip.

Bert's double scoop with Pistachio on top (that was so good!) and coffee on the bottom. As for me, I had the single scoop of the Double Chocolate Chip, one of my favorites here. My other favorite, blueberry was nowhere to be seen that day.

Despite the lack of seating, we were still quite happy to be eating our ice cream outside the parlor.

Previous visits to Oasis (I know there's more but this is what I could find quickly):

September 2010 (the first visit), and later that same month, the return!
April 2011 (with Dennis during the Epic South Bay Food Crawl)
and August 2011

The young lady in Darlene's video (linked below)  is usually there and she is super nice!  When se saw me, she commented, "I haven't seen you in awhile!", which was nice. They really do have great customer service here. The owner is so kind and also very personable. When he saw that the line was getting back up, he stepped in and said, "What can I get you, my friend?" to the lady behind our party of four. I still remember the time he gave me an extra tiny scoop of "saging" (banana) ice cream on top of my cone and the time he helped an elderly Filipina lady choose a flavor.

Please check out Darlene's post for the "Behind the Scenes look at Bizarre Foods America Uncut" and how he orders ice cream!

If you're ever down in the Nestor area, give this mom and pop business a try!

6 comments:

Soo said...

How does this place compare to Neiderfranks?

caninecologne said...

Better.

Cathy Doe said...

I saw this last week...but stopped for donuts at Stardust. Now I know my sweet tooth alternative/back up in the area.

caninecologne said...

hi cathy - yes, def stop by this place, or if you're near hogetsu, the other location of neveria tocumbo on 3rd (the empty stripmall near oxford - used to be baskin robbins)....great housemade flavors as well.

Kirbie said...

I need to come here. I've never been though I remember your previous posts. I can't believe how cheap the scoops are!

caninecologne said...

hi kirbie, actually they RAISED the prices of their single scoops. when i compared my photos of the menu board, single scoops are now $1.60. Back in September of 2010, single scoops were a whopping $1.35! The other prices stayed the same.

if you and DH go here, also try Neveria Tocumbo. They have some unusual flavors that are popular in Mexico that you won't find anywhere else.