My Israeli couscous with garbanzos and almonds with garlic shrimp:

Along with my very sad fish taco lunch from the school cafeteria. The complete meal was $3.25 and included milk, jello, salad (not shown), beans, shredded lettuce with tartar sauce and two limp fish sticks in two corn tortillas. Ugh, never again.

Things however, did get better later on that evening...
I finally went to Grill City, which is a new Filipino fast food chain in the Seafood City food court (Chula Vista location)...

I was at a scholarship reading with some colleagues and a couple of us ended up going here after our meeting to pick up some grilled fish fo dinner!
Grill City knows what's up for Lent!

Their grilled seafood - stuffed and grilled tilapia, stuffed and grilled giant squid and baked mussels.

I wished today wasn't a Friday because I really wanted some of their pork bbq skewers!

More options - Not sure what was in the upper left hand corner, but the rest were three kinds of soups, coconut milk with squash and long beans, fish heads, and shrimp sinigang with eggplant and long beans.

This is waht I wanted but didn't get, their pork skewers and pork liempo (grilled pork belly):

The display case with bibingka royale rotated! So cool!

Refreshing drinks - cantaloupe and coconut. I'll have to try this next time.

My friend and I both took our food to go. Bert and TC were at dance practice while my friend's wife and their older son were at a school event, so we were the ones to get the family dinner.

Yes please.

I will eat Inihow anything! IniWow!

Now was the food any good?

Why yes it was. Despite the blackened appearance of the grilled tilapia, it was moist and flaky within. The stuffing was chopped tomatoes and onions. The dipping sauce was soy with lemon.

The shrimp sinigang. I love that the heads are still on. More flavor. So comforting on this cold and wet evening.

I got the grilled squid meal which came with rice and my choice of soup.

The lady chopped up the squid and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was stuffed. I didn't know this until I got home.

The grilled seafood from Grill City was so much better than my sad fish taco lunch. What was I thinking?
Grill City (loacated in Seafood City Market)
285 E. Orange Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Next week, we hope to try the fish sisig at JNC Pinoy Food Mart!


2 comments:
Looks like seriously good stuff. I want to try that cantaloupe drink too! haha
we enjoyed their grilled squid for dinner. that was a small piece too. next time, i want the bigger piece!!!! and the milkfish marinated in vinegar that's fried!
Post a Comment