"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Dessert Part 2 - Adore Cupcakes

[Well hello, Karma strikes - This place no longer exists. It sure didn't last long. Maybe one year or so? Plus, the owner stole one of my photos without asking permission and posted in on her fb. Well now...ain't life a bitch. Anyhow, in its place is Heartsleeves Coffee, which used to be Mad Fix Coffee]

Last November when we ate at Napizza, we saw this tiny pink awninged shop from afar. Hoping to try it out after our lunch,  we were disappointed to see the gates locked and closed. Until today...

where we were happy to see this unassuming pink arrow pointing the way to road to hell dietary destruction...

Tucked behind a row of cottages on W. Fir Street is Adore, a tiny cupcake place, which neighbors a beauty salon.

We wanted to give this place a go since our previous dessert was a dud.

It's quite small inside but the decor does match its namesake.

The owner, Heather was there as well. She is a very cheerful lady who took the time to explain all of the different flavors to us. She seemed to know many of her regular customers by name, which was really cool to see.

Their menu below, which you can also see online here.

I thought the names were quite cute and clever.

Loved the handpainted flowers on the wooden ceiling as well as the icicle lighting.

Cuteness galore.

The view from the door...

The constant bubbling noise of the fountain, however, made me want to take a raging pee.

The vignette of our two cupcakes, plus one to go for TC. The only thing I didn't like was their lack of plates. When the owner handed me my cupcake, I was a bit surprised that it wasn't on a plate. Instead, they had a stack of napkins on a side table. Some forks might have been nice too. I suppose with a place this small as well as the lack of kitchen facilities (their cupcakes must be made offsite), washing dishes would be problematic. But even then, paper plates would be nice instead of a napkin. But I digress...

My "Wink and a Smile", a chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Okay, I admit, I wanted this first of all because it was chocolate, but secondly, I liked that green heart! It was GREEN, not pink or red!

This was Bert's My First Love - a banana chocolate chip cupcake with cinnamon buttercream frosting, topped with mini chocolate chips.

Both cupcakes were really moist and delicious. I thought the frosting was a bit much on mine, making it messy to bite in (I hate being messy). Bert liked his banana chocolate cupcake better than my cupcake. I thought his was quite good as well, except for the cinnamon in the frosting. Not that it was bad; it wasn't but I am not into cinnamon.

These were about all we could handle for the time being, so we put them in the pizza leftovers box to enjoy for later. Later that evening, TC had a bit of her Truly Madly Deeply red velvet cupcake after her long day at Disneyland. When I told her the name of the cupcake, she fangirled because apparently, it's a remake of a Savage Garden song by current UK boyband, One Direction. Seriously. They should have named a cupcake after a Slayer or Metallica song. "Reign in Blood" anyone? "Seek and Destroy"? Anyone?

Because my cupcake had a heart on it, I thought I'd throw in this hilarious commercial featuring a sarcastic talking heart. Sometimes it's the commercial you see on youtube before seeing the real video.

"Damn right I'm gonna book the date!"

If you click on the video after that one, it's called "Mountain Man" and also features the talking heart! So funny!

That HEART ROCKS! (insert evil laughter here)

Adore Cupcakes
621 W. Fir St.
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 231-2000

iadorecupcakes.com

Since TC wouldn't be home until later, we made plans to have dinner that same afternoon. You know, beat the dinner rush...Plus it was a chance to get dressed up instead of wearing my holey jeans/sweats and t-shirts like I do at home!

5 comments:

Adore Cupcakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adore Cupcakes said...

So creatively written! One of your blog followers came into Adore today, and I'm thankful that she shared this!

Thank you for your openness, creativity, and for stopping by and sharing your experience!

Awesome pictures, by the way!!Hope to see you again...

Heather/Adore Cupcakes

I heart cupcakes said...

That follower would be me! I hope to be back soon so I could try the rest of your cupcakes!

Adore Cupcakes said...

Yay!!! Again, thank you for sharing, and for making Adore a little part of your day!! Look forward to seeing you back.

Have a great week ahead....

caninecologne said...

Heather and IHC - thanks for stopping by and for the shout out. Very nice surprise this was! :)

glad you liked the post and pics.