"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Magnificent Seven

It's that time of the year again...

(image courtesy of offwestend.com)

No, not March Madness but the 7 Year Blogaversary to PCaRH!

Seven years is a lot in blog years, eh, but still I keep doing it because of the connections (old and new) I've made through my blog...

In honor of PCaRH's "7th" year of existence, here is the Clash with the "Magnificent Seven":

A small glimpse of my day with TC (full post to follow) on my 7 year blogaversary...

Lunch was here, on the corner of 13th and Donax...

Now that's a MEATBALL!

Plus a short visit here...


Thanks to my friends who still read this (Astroboi, HotFudge, Superman, Thane, TORC, D, KD, Mi Firme Heina and whomever else I may have missed) as well as my fellow SD foodblogger friends old and new.

It's funny to think that something I started as a lark among my friends is now something that I really enjoy doing in my spare time.  They are all pretty much off blogger and on Facebook (which I don't have). For my blog, I don't advertise, get paid or get comped, nor do I kiss anyone's ass just because I wrote about it.  I don't blog for recognition or popularity and IDGAF about pleasing other people. To compare the SD foodblogging community to high school cliques, I imagine my blog would be the one on the outside fringes, the one that was slightly "left of center". I kind of like it that way and prefer not to be lumped into a big group since I don't strictly write about food all the time.

Before starting this blog, I wasn't as adventurous in my culinary tastes as I am now (I have HotFudge and Kirk to thank for starting that trend!). It's been an evolution not just for me, but also for Bert and TC. Our lives are all the more richer for trying new things and experiencing the quirky, weird and off the beaten path during our outings both in San Diego and beyond.   I know I mention it every year but I am quite happy to have met many new folks through my blog. Many blogfriends have now become friends "in real life".  It's always fun to share recommendations and tips, compare notes on places, as well as exchange recipes and sometimes even homemade goodies.

Once again, thanks for reading my musings and here's to hopefully, a few more years of blogginess!

And because I'm so OCD with music, here are some songs with "Seven" in the title:

"Seven Seas" - Echo & the Bunnymen
"Seven Seas of Rye" - Queen
"Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" - Iron Maiden
"777-9311" - The Time
"Seven" - Prince
"Seven Days in Sunny June" - Jamiroquai

I know there's a lot more, but I only listed the ones that I actually like, so Hell to the No for "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus (ugh)!

Previous Anniversary Posts:
Six
Five
Four
Three
Two
One

*PCaRH was coined by CAB a few years ago! I like the sound of that, heh heh!

9 comments:

Jinxi said...

Congrats on 7 years of blogging! I'm so happy that I got to meet you :D
Also, how about "Keeper of the Seven Keys" from Helloween? ;)

KirkK said...

Happy 7 years CC! Seems like I've known you forever!!

caninecologne said...

hi Jinxi - likewise! Thank you for reading! :)

hi kirk - thanks so much! if it weren't for your blog, i woulnd't be doing this.

Kirbie said...

Happy 7 years!! I'm happy to have met you through blogging.

caninecologne said...

Hi Kirbie - Thanks so much, I feel the same way! I appreciate all your restaurant tips, recipes, and homemade treats too! :)

Darlene said...

Happy 7 years of blogging!

caninecologne said...

hi darlene! Thanks! :)

Mary said...

Yay!! Happy blog-o-versary! Seven years is a long time. Your blog is a 2nd grader :)

caninecologne said...

hi mary - thank you! yes, 2nd grade, ha ha! i like that! :)