"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter cupcakes by tweens

Last week, TC had a couple of her friends over. Earlier that day we checked out a new pizza place in Hillcrest and explored a bit of North Park...But when we got home, they immediately got cracking on their Funfetti cupcakes...

I didn't have any "nice" pastel colors so it was either Christmas themed cupcake liners or these cool Halloween ones...


KD's daughter brought her mini cupcake maker, but the girls also used the traditional mini tins (using Christmas liners for that)...

Sugar overload...

I have to say that every bit of this project required not an ounce of work on my part. This was all the frutis of child, or shall I say Tween Labor.

Fun with green food coloring for the "grass"...

The hand is mine, for illustration purposes only.

One of the girls chopped up the fun size Milky Ways  to stuff the cupcakes for later...

They took turns piping the frosting onto the cupcakes...

Topped by a Whopper Egg...

The end results:

TC even brought out my "Easter" tray!

These girls are frosting fiends. They could eat just that and be happy.

They ended up not stuffing the candy pieces in the cupcakes and instead put them on top! I liked the whopper eggs. Everyone seemed pretty pleased with how they turned out and each girl divided up the spoils to enjoy for later...

4 comments:

Jinxi said...

Haha I miss the days when I could eat that much frosting!! Love the whopper eggs :)

caninecologne said...

hi jinxi - they didn't want to make their own frosting. they wanted the pre-made kind, so we got 'funfetti' frosting to match the cake. the whoppers were pretty cute on top of the cupcakes. :)

Mary said...

I love those Halloween wrappers... their cupcakes are very cute! I have one of those mini cupcake makers too... but I've never actually used it (yet).

caninecologne said...

hi mary - courtesy of Tar-Jay!!!! clearance too. the girls had a fun time making these.

about that mini cupcake maker - you don't need a liner for those, but what's the fun in eating a cupcake (at least for me) without peeling the wrapper? the sides and bottoms were a golden brown. it didn't seem right eating a cupcake that way, but i can see the appeal or making them in that contraption.