
I think Bert would like this place since they specialize in what I assume will be craft beer!
We took a quick walk up 30th and made our first right...
so we could visit Santos Farms Market

We picked up a few items while my neighbor had a friendly chat with the owner. Our next stop was off Convoy to Pangea Bakery. They hadn't tried those types of breads and pastries before. Below, an individual milk bread filled with chocolate. This was my favorite bread that day. I loved the soft texture and wished it had more chocolate in it, ha ha.

TC enjoyed a part of her mochi bun which we noticed was smaller than how they used to make it. It used to look like two square buns put together but now it is like a circular bun. On our way home, we made a quick stop to Nijiya because they've never been to a Japanese market.
TC was so excited to see the GariGarikun soda popsicles, so we bought a box and enjoyed a few before making the drive down.

The popsicle was slim and light blue and tasted like Ramune. Dennis from a Radiused Corner once gifted me with a box of these popsicle, to TC's delight. Everytime we've gone back to Nijiya to look for these, they were always out, until today. What's cool about this popsicle is that there is a crunchy ice center which adds a extra layer of texture.

Back home now. You can see our 'de-nuded' Christmas tree. The day after New Year's, TC and I took down all the decorations, the garland, the wreath on the front door, and blah blah blah. I even vacuumed, which is a rarity. Anyhow, the house looked a little less "holiday-like" without our Christmas decor. It was fun while it lasted.
Below, the medium salsa from Santos Farms Market as well as two sodas. The Inca Kola is from Peru while the Postobon is from Colombia.

Can't wait to eat this with quesadillas!

Where's my chips?

At Nijiya, I bought this Purple Sweet Potato Bread.

The texture wasn't as soft as the milk toast from Pangea. There was not that much purple potato in it either. I was expecting more filling I guess.
Below, a few of the breads we got from Pangea: TC's partially eaten mochi bun, coconut bun (Bert likes that with his coffee), a raspberry and cream cheese filled danish (I liked the cutout in the circle), and a bun with cut up hot dog and cheese.

All these carbs...sigh.
Previous visits to the following places:
Santos Farms Market - my visit with Cathy of Mmm-Yoso
Pangea (July 2011, Aug 2011, Oct 2011)
Nijiya (July 2011, Oct 2011, July 2012)
I enjoy going out with my neighbor. Asian food is very foreign to her so everything is new and exciting to her. Her kids are good sports as well and are willing to try new things. Thank goodness for open-mindedness, eh!


2 comments:
The 'medium' salsa still has a bit of heat to it, yes? We've gone back to Santos a few times now-just a nice local place. Nijiya had a drawing when we went last time (and picked up a calendar) and I won a $5 gift card! Pangea is really a great place; haven't had anything we didn't like, even the day olds.
Hi Cathy - yes, there's a tiny bit of heat but not uncomfortable and it didn't have any, 'aftereffect', if you know what I mean.
That's cool you won something at Nijiya. I didn't know they had contests! I have a free Seafood City calendar - I'll have to bring it to you this weekend at SEL.
At Pangea, I didn't see any day olds. I don't know if they still do that. Also, that visit was the first time we saw a Caucasian working the counter!
Post a Comment