Adlai Stevenson:
23rd Vice President of the U.S. (1893-1897), under Grover Cleveland...
Or how about...
Scottish writer Robert Louis Stevenson?
"Treasure Island" and Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" anyone?
and of course, I couldn't forget the most important one of all, of "Hardy Boy" fame, Parker Stevenson!

Parker as Frank Hardy, teen sleuth!
OMG, he was considered SO DREAMY back then, ha ha! Straight from the pages of Tiger Beat. Just look at his awesome FEATHERED HAIR! (And I just showed my age, ha ha!)
I'm totally digressing now...but I just had to throw that in. Well, we enjoyed a few bites of that sinful Salted Caramel Chocolate tart from Lovejoy Bakery before heading out in the dreary Portland drizzle. We took the highway which parallels the beautiful Columbia Gorge River and headed north up the small town of Stevenson in Washington state.

As you can see, many spontaneous waterfalls on the mountains...

I loved the look of the mountains shrouded in clouds and the immense amount of GREEN. Not a palm tree in sight! During our Portland trip a few years ago, we visited some of the waterfalls, including LaTourell, Bridal Veil and Multnomah Falls.

I think I opened the window for a few of the shots and man, the blast of cold air was could freeze the balls of of a marble statue!

We were on our way to see the Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center, but first, we had to cross a very famous bridge...


No comments:
Post a Comment