"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lunch at Nijiya

What a miracle...I'm posting on the same day! 

TC and I had a few errands to run, but first, lunch at Nijiya Market on Convoy.  We saw that Curry House was now Koon Thai Food. How quickly things change!

We selected a few snacks and ate our lunch at an outside table.  The item on the left was actually some sort of shaped fried seafood thing on a stick (stick not pictured). The other item was a crunchy seafood pancake which was really good.

I was tempted to get more fried stuff like croquettes, but this was about it, along with some "kaki" (fried oysters)...


We had an assortment here - fried oysters, sweet glazed potatoes, California roll sushi (for TC) and soba noodles...

The noodles came with two tiny containers that had sliced green onions and what looked like puffed rice crisps. I've never had that with soba before. There were also nori shreds on the noodles and a packet with sauce.

The glazed sweet potatoes with black sesame seeds.  Mmm, very sweet these were (say that in a Yoda voice). I only had one piece and saved the rest for Bert.

Luckily we were here early before the mid day rush. You know how awful parking can get in this lot! I was so tempted to go to Sage Bakery next door but we had a few errands to run and the desserts would have been ruined. I really liked all of the different bentos at Nijiya. They are really packaged quite nicely - the food looks so attractive. There's always next time, right?

No comments: