"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Lunch @ Nijiya with D

The day after our Pho Fusion lunch, TC and I (along with the ever awesome D) were once again in the Convoy/Kearny Mesa area. No coupon for lunch but for dessert (that will be a separate post).  I wasn't sure if the weather would be good since it rained superhard the day before. Lucky for us, it was nice and sunny. Here's just a sampling of what we got...

Why did the weather matter you may wonder? Well, if you are going to eat at Nijiya, there's only outside seating and if it's wet and rainy, have fun with wet pants and shit. So, yeah, sun and no rain equals takeout lunch @ Nijiya Market!

Here's the rest of the table. Holy fkg shitballz Batman! Yes, we got all that food.  In the styrofoam container, one kakiage (fried seafood patty) and one korokke (potato croquet with veetables). Starting from 12 o'clock, the food included: a fan shaped container of mixed sushi followed by hot yakisoba, chicken karaage, soba noodles, a tray of Calfornia rolls (TC's choice), seaweed salad, and fried oysters (one of my favorites).  Next to the fried oysters are cucumber and tuna rolls (TC's which we didn't even open) and in the middle, rice and a tray of mixed sushi for Bert. In fact, we had a ton of leftovers which Bert later enjoyed. Lucky guy.

We really liked the kakiage and korokke....mmmm...fried! Tasted even better with the accompanying Tonkatsu sauce.

I got the soba noodles again like last time. There is a packet of sauce underneath the noodles, plus two small containers that held the thinly sliced green onions and some puffed rice crisps.

Japanese food overload, I know but TC had a special request to go to Nijiya today. Plus my devious mind was thinking of a way to use the dessert coupon...

There's those fried oysters that I like so much!

D was so generous because she gave her unopened mixed sushi (the fan shaped tray) to me to give to Bert. Those sushi trays were a good deal for the quality. It's always fun getting takeout from Nijiya. They have a nice variety of bentos, fresh sushi, fried items, noodles, and so much more!

Coming up...dessert a few doors down!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I love Nijiya. I think the food is better than Mitsuwa. But the parking is just as nightmarish! I've been eyeing the fried oysters but haven't had the guts to eat them -- oysters still kind of freak me out. But give me salt and pepper calamari any time!

caninecologne said...

hi darlene - wow you posted your comment right after i put up the post! :)

nijiya may be small but they do have quality ingredients. i love the look of their bentos/take out food.

i know oysters are kinda gross if you think about it, but i like 'em, fried that is!