"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Return to MJ's Yogurt Time & Deli

With one and a half weeks of vacation left...

I thought it would be good  for TC and I to make use of some coupons for our lunch outings...


We'd been here before for their Longanisa fries. We wanted to try something different this time.

I forgot the call letters to the radio station, but it's from Hawaii. The music is fitting for the place since it's an Islander/Fusioney eatery. But it's also music that makes me want to tear my hair out in massive clumps and stick a red hot iron in my eardrums...the dreaded Jawaiian genre! Aaaaaaaaagh!

The drink that TC and I shared. Very sweet this was.

Our entrees:

Islander style breakfast ($6 w/Guamanian red rice) - one hash brown, one sausage patty, two slices of bacon, rice, and two eggs any way you want it (I chose "over hard" since I hate runny yolk).

TC chose the Sweet Sesame and Soy Beef Sliders ($5.50/this turned out to be the "free" item with the coupon). The beef was her protein, then she chose to have it as sliders (you can choose tacos, a wrap, or a salad).

It was served with an Asian style slaw (which TC said had a bit of a kick) with two pan de sal buns.

It looked good but I didn't have any of it since I was working on my plate (which TC had bits and pieces of). It was basic fare and nothing gourmet. The hash brown patty looked like the 10 pack you could get at Trader Joe's or Fresh & Easy. Hmmm. Hey, I liked it though. It was done up nice and crisp. The mini soy sauce also hit the spot as a dip for the sausage and drizzled over the red rice. This was probably the most "unhealthy" thing I ate this week but I'll make up for it tomorrow at the gym, haha!

Previous visit to MJ's here.

On another note, TC has now reached the 5 foot mark! Hopefully she will grow taller than me by the time she gets to high school.

No comments: