"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Around North Park...

Although it was a sunny day, there was a a slight chill in the air.

Us wussy SoCal's freak out when it gets below 60F.  Okay, I mean, just me, ha ha. But really, I felt like piling on a scarf  and donning some mittens to beat the chill...


We walked off some of our lunch calories along 30th and University. This place, Glenn's Market has the coolest signage.

It looks even better at night when lit up.

Vintage tile at one of the storefronts...


This has got to be one of the COOLEST exteriors EVER!

I love that the holiday greetings are still on the windows. We want to eat here one of these days.

One of the bubble chairs from Spread, a vegetarian restaurant, which was closed the day we peeked in. The first and last time I ate here was back in 2007.

That was the most expensive brunch we ever had. Yikes.

I wanted to see if West Coast Tavern (housed at the historic Birch Theater) was open. They have a pistachio bread pudding I was interested in.

No such luck. Closed.

It was kind of fun being a pseudo-pedestrian and looking at different shops and remnants of the past.

I really like these signs in the urban core neighborhoods. They do have an archway type sign in downtown Chula Vista, located in on the western side.

Since we were in the area and since West Coast Tavern was closed, we made a stop at a local coffee shop...

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

Great compilation of what we saw. I need to take photos of the Neighborhood Signs, they are everywhere and have so much history. Always just drive under and wish I had stopped.

caninecologne said...

I love taking photos of storefronts, signs, graffiti, tiles, those painted utility boxes, manhole covers, etc.

Sometimes you never knew when they're going to change, like Johnny's R! Or Harah Ethiopian, which is now bright bright green!

I like taking photos of restaurant exteriors even if I haven't eaten at those places yet. Those get "saved".