"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, July 23, 2012

Villainous Lair

After perusing the vinyl stacks at Nickelodeon Records, we continued our mini trek on Adams Avenue...

"Meanwhile, back at the Villanous Lair..."

I didn't take any interior shots and I can't really vouch for their selection since I wasn't really looking for anything.

Right when you walk in, you will see a couch with two costumed mannequins, plus a big table in the middle (for gamers or readers) and shelves of comics and graphic novels on both sides of the room. When we entered, we felt as though we were 'interrupting' the workers' private session.  All eyes were upon us. I wasn't really there to look  for any specific titles, but instead honed in on this, wanna-be Pez candy dispenser called 'Kliks'. I noticed they had Wolverine and Spiderman. I thought they would have The Thing (as depicted on the package) but alas, they did not.

I picked up these two for Bert. There weren't any Hulks either but I personally don't like the Hulk. Spiderman is one of my favorite Marvel characters. I like how the body/stem of the dispenser is more detailed than Pez. Instead of pulling the head back to dispense candy, there is a lever that you push back. Then, the circular Smarties-type candies literally shoot out of the neck. You are actually instructed NOT to launch the candies straight into your mouth because it's dangerous and a choking hazard!

The Kliks come with only two rolls of candy, which taste better than the rounded rectangular pieces that come with Pez. Less chalky too! I wonder if those Halloween-Smarties candies would fit? I'll have to test that out....

Anyhow, Villanous Lair has comics and graphic novels as well as novelty items like this and other collector type stuff.  The Kliks were overpriced at $3.99 each (yikes). Pez is only $1.99. I've read online that you can sometimes find Kliks at Dollar stores (I rarely go to those since most of the stuff they have is crap). They should really retail for $1.99. Their Marvel characters have more detail than the Pez and look really cool on your bookshelf or other honored display area!

Villanous Lair
3373 Adams Ave
San Diego, CA 92116

Villanouslair.com

Up next...an art exhibit...

No comments: