
Gosh, look how tall TC is now. She is almost 5' and about the same height as TORC!
This place was also on Adams. We timed it so that we would get there when it opened by 1:00 pm...
When we got there, the door was locked!
But the plaintive looks on our faces as well as our repeated peering into the window actions made someone working there take notice and turn the Closed sign to Open! Yes!
Their flavors change quite often depending on what's seasonal. I don't know if I'd like that goat cheese popsicle. That sounds horrible to me. Now the mango chili on the other hand...

Our icy loot: TORC's Classic OJ & Cream, TC's Tri-Color Melon (watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe), and my Blueberry Tangelade (made with tangerines). These look so damn pretty I must say. Prices also went up since the last time I was here (from $2.50 to $3.00). The popsicles aren't cheap but they are handmade with local ingredients. Again, the buzzwords that make certain food snobs totally wet and excited.

Hey, since I paid $3 for this fancy ice pop, I was determined to make it last as long as I could instead of chomping it down like I normally would a .50 from the box popsicle...

And wow, the flavors in these popsicles were amazingly clean and fresh! My blueberry tangelade was bursting with fruity goodness. Makes me want to make our own popsicles (we do have the popsicle molds at home) and come up with our own funky flavors! We all enjoyed our ice pops but the prettiest one hands down was TC's tri-melon popsicle!
I had a nice conversation with the lady working here (she may have been the owner but I'm not sure) about calamansi fruit and suggested that she use the fruit as a flavor if she ever finds a supply of the fruit.

Across the street was a store I'd always wondered about so this time, we were finally going to see it.
Read about our first visit to Viva Pops here.
Up next...licorice pizza! Wut?


2 comments:
Mango chili. No question. Probably the goat cheese...they must have test marketed it...
I thought of you when I saw the Mango Chili. Ugh. Goat Cheese. Gross! That shit wouldn't fly down here in CV but the mango chili would!
Post a Comment