"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, July 06, 2012

Tim Hortons

Located just a few hundred yards away from Weber's was a much beloved Canadian instution...

Tim Hortons, or "Timmy's" as these places are affectionately called by the Canucks...

Well, whenever I hear the name "Timmy", I think of this:

It's not that Tim Hortons is the total bomb or the shiznit or whatever, but the fact that TH's are ubiquitous and reliable is what makes motorists like us want to stop there and get our coffee and donut fix.

They had just started offering their iced lemonade for that summer, along with a new raspberry lemonade flavor.

Bert wanted to try the Iced Capp...

We couldn't leave without getting a box of assorted Tim Bits (donut holes).

This was the twenty box size. I don't remember what all of the flavors were but some were: buttermilk, chocolate, cherry, and lemon. My favorites were the buttermilk and the chocolate glazed while Bert was partial to the lemon.

Tim's Bits....he was polyorchid you know.

And for those of you that didn't catch the sarcasm, I was just kidding about good ole Tim Horton's nuts.
I'm sure he had two like most normal people. I don't want to offend our friends up north! And for the dumb Americans out there, Tim Horton was a former hockey player (of course). His coffee and donut chain is one of the biggest in Canada, beating even McD's in popularity.

See my original post on Tim Horton's here (2010 Canada trip) so I dont' have to rehash all the Tim Horton information.

Tim Hortons
(multiple locations throughout Canada)
www.timhortons.com

While this was our first visit to TH during our trip, it wouldn't be our last as we would be embarking upon an EPIC ROAD TRIP with C and her family over the next week. But first, we had to get to Sudbury to drop off the rental and get picked up by C!

No comments: