"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Return to Miramar Fish Market

[Update - Closed as of mid-2014]

Oh yeah...

This coupon was calling out to be used...I could not disappoint the call of Buy one Get one free....

'Cuz I'm cheap like that I like to save some moola my friends...


Ha, you can see our rear view mirror...

We liked our first visit so much here...

We ordered one item from the Octopus section and the House Specialties:

Chips and salsa and other condiments (pickled onions, fresh salsa, limes, and red salsa). The condiments were in a chilled case and brought out right away with the chips.

Surprise, surprise! We splurged on drinks - horchata and jamaica.  Here you can see the shrimp and fish in the consomme, which we liked. Not super hot but warm enough to sip from the spoon without burning your tongue. (retractable "ninja" star made by nephew #3, out of post it notes!)

A wide variety of hot sauces are at each table:

Although my previous post on Miramar stated we'd get the pulpo tostada "the next time we go", alas, I forgot and instead got the Pulpo prepared Verazcruz style (according to the menu).

The view from Bert's side...

This was the Salmon a la Plancha - Grilled (they called it 'griddled') salmon with onions, green peppers and mushrooms served with rice, beans and salad. We were surprised at the addition of shrimp in the grilled salmon entree since it wasn't in the menu description. There were about a half dozen shrimp in there. Very nice. Succulent. Juicy!


Mmmm, salmon with onions...

Of the two dishes, we liked the grilled salmon the best.  We liked that it was grilled not fried. Too many seafood places fry their fish and we are trying to refrain from eating too much fried food. The salmon entree was a hearty portion that even yielded leftovers! The pulpo was good too, but the olives were too 'off-putting' for me. I think I'll stick with pulpo in a coctel or on the tostada.


Here is the link for our first visit to Miramar back in January...

I do have another coupon burning a hole in my purse so that will definitely be used soon!

No comments: