
Aunt Emma's Pancake House on E Street on the west side of Chula Vista...
VCV man! (Varrio Chula Vista)
It's hard to miss that bright yellow sign with the Old Timey Western type font.
Plus, I had one of these:

You can tell this place is Old School. It's over 50+ years old. There's a semi-circular breakfast bar at the far end. I imagine the "regulars" eating there and chatting it up with the cooks and waitresses.

I'd also heard that this was a pretty good place to have breakfast, so TC and I went here after one of my appointments last week. It was 9:00 am and quite a rarity for us to even be having breakfast at a restaurant. We hardly ever do breakfast so this was quite the treat.

Ironically I did not order any pancakes...

and instead got a breakfast burrito.

The lovely view of Best Western from our table. This is also across the street from McD's and Black Angus.

The syrups and sauces at the table...

Finally, our food!
My breakfast burrito which was already cut in half (I liked that they did that) which came with a side of my choice. In this case, it was hash browns which I requested to be crispy on the outside. Sometimes you get hash browns and they are not crisp at all.

TC ordered the Mango Crepes - two crepes filled with syrupy and chunky mangos. I think these may have been from a jar. The mangoes were the Manila (sometimes called 'Ataulfo') mangoes. Very sweet but a bit too mushy texture-wise.

My burrito was filled with scrambled egg, sliced sausage, cheese, and avocado. It had everything I wanted in a perfect breakfast in it. They should also add bacon to this. By the way, this portion was quite large so one half was it for me. Bert would enjoy the other half later that evening...

Along with the burrito were my hash browns which were very crisp on the outside, the way I like them...So good!

Who else ate at Aunt Emma's Pancakes?
The Diligent Diletante went here, but to the National City Location...
Aunt Emma's Pancakes
700 E. St.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 427-2722
AuntEmmasPancakes.com
Not sure if we'll be going out to breakfast in awhile since I've recently started work again but hopefully we will come here again and try the pancakes!
Any good breakfast places that you recommend?


4 comments:
Hey CC - You know, I pass this place quite often, well as often as I get down there. I'd always wondered how the place was since there always seemed to be a line out the door.
i figured it was about time to go here! i always liked their sign, ha ha.
Those hash browns look perfect!
Yes, they were done right! I'd go here again just for those!
Post a Comment