
First clue...this is a Supergroup, a concept first explored in my post for "V"...
Another clue:

Get it?
No?
Okay...I'll get to the point quickly.
The supergroup Zwan featured former lead singer and drummer of The Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, David Pajo (guitarist from Slint), Matt Sweeney (guitarist from Chavez and Skunk), and Paz Lenchantin (Bassist from A Perfect Circle! She is awesome! ):

(info from wikipedia's entry on Zwan):
"Zwan was an American alternative rock band that was formed by members of The Smashing Pumpkins, Slint, Tortoise, Chavez, and A Perfect Circle. Zwan was started in late 2001 by Billy Corgan, lead singer and guitarist of The Smashing Pumpkins, after the Pumpkins disbanded in December 2000. The band released only one album, entitled Mary Star of the Sea. The group disbanded acrimoniously after their 2003 world tour."
Zwan's one and only album, "Mary Star of the Sea" (released in 2003):
One of the singles from the album, "Honestly"...
I barely remember when this came out but now I want to maybe download their cd. I noticed the guy who introduced them in the video is George Stroumboulopolis (wow, what a mouthful!), who recently interviewed RPattz for "Cosmopolis" during the Toronto press tour. Apparently, George was a MuchMusic VJbefore getting his own talk show (MuchMusic is kind of like the Canadian version of MTV).
Good lineup and great musicians. I know Billy Corgan's voice is an "acquired taste" but it works here.
Hope you enjoyed the musical journey or at least the musical and trivial factoids that I threw in for my enjoyment. If not, then tough titties! To each their own, right? I know that music can be a very personal statement. I think over the years my taste in music has remained largely the same but I'm still open to other genres. However, I still remain true to the music that I grew up with and still love today (rock, classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, 80's new wave and alternative). If you ever ride in my car, you have no choice but to listen to what I like. Usually the radio will be off if I don't want to offend any virgin ears.
On a more patriotic note, Happy 4th of July! Enjoy the day!
Previous entry - "Z" is for Ziggy Marley!


No comments:
Post a Comment