
Earlier that day, some people were knocking on our door. I didn't answer it. You know. Jehovah's or door to door salesman or whatever.
So when Bert checked our front porch later that day, he saw these and thought THEY dropped it off. Really?
As soon as I saw the contents, I knew immediately who the "culprit" was...
Which was the very observant and thoughtful Cathy of Mmm-Yoso...
The bag held three types of snack chips. Two were ketchup flavored. If you don't already know, Ketchup flavored chips are quite common and popular in Canada. Here in the U.S., not so much.
I mentioned to Cathy that I wish they had ketchup flavored chips here. Little did I know they DID have them (but not Lay's or Ruffles brand). The canister on the top is a 'spicy' flavor. Not ketchup. Bert grew up eating the plain kind of 'shoe string' snacks as a kid. The bottom canister was ketchup flavor.

This was a nice and puffy bag of "Potato Fries" by Oishi brand. All of these are from the Philippines.

When I opened the bag, this is how many "fries" were in there. Maybe about 20-25?

The fries were very light and crunchy and had a nice coating of the ketchup flavored powder on them. They were absolutely addicting. I had to stop myself from eating the whole bag.

Bite this.
Now on to the Pik Nik snacks. They are listed as " ketchup fries" on the canister but they are not shaped like fries in my opinion. More like flat sticks.

I didn't like these as much as the Oishi fries. The texture was too flat and crunchy for me. I liked the softer, more airy but crunchy feel of the Oishi snacks. Bert and TC really liked these and the canister was gone in no time at all.

We would end up going to Seafood City a week later to satisfy our unhealthy and unholy craving for these snacks! We still haven't opened the tiny canister of the spicy Pik Nik potato crisps.
Thanks for thinking of me Cathy during your South Bay food run!


5 comments:
Just think of me as a stalker; one who leaves goodies as part of the stalking evidence. I like the shoestring texture also, but suppose ketchup powder does not adhere as well to 'strings' opposed to two dimensional 'fries'. We love Seafood City-went there for...seafood!
Food stalker! Ha ha! I need to start actually buying seafood from seafood city!
I don't go to Seafood City often but I'll have to look for these the next time I'm there.
hi c - u can thank cathy for that find! :) but yeah, the oishii "fries" were pretty good but that bag is mostly air.
Post a Comment