"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, July 23, 2012

Return to Bamboo Garden

Here's a compendium of recent visits...

to the recently opened Bamboo Garden in Otay Ranch...

During a recent lunch with friends...one of them got the green curry. He ordered it with brown rice ($2 extra) and loved this version better than the one at Mea Kwan.

Another lunch companion got the Drunken Noodles, which to me, looks like the Spicy Noodles. The different was the sauce. The drunken noodles sauce was sweeter (tasted like chili garlic). She got the lunch special portion and we were surprised to see that it was quite huuuge. Comes with a fried egg roll and soup (spicy sour).

La Ley got the Spicy Noodles with Chicken...again, lunch special portion. Quite generous these portions are.

And for myself, the regular entree size of Pad Thai with Chicken. I barely put a dent in this. Maybe 1/4; the rest would be for TC. This is her favorite dish at any Thai place we try.

More recently, we went out to dinner with my MIL. We ordered three different dishes to share. This was the ginger Grilled Salmon with mixed vegetables. You can see the julienned slivers of ginger. We liked this dish the best. I also wanted to try a non-fried fish item. Many items seem to be fried which isn't really the healthiest option for us when dining.

This was the sweet and sour shrimp with vegetables and pineapple chunks. I didn't really like the sauce. It was too watery and it had tomato slices in it. Ugh!

And yes, the reappearance of pad thai with chicken.

I think we will eat our way through their menu (eventually)....

Long day today...am blogging to relax my head!

More food posts to come!

1 comment:

CAB said...

Spicy noodles and pad thai! Now I'm craving Thai.